Mount Polley Mining Corporation (MPMC) is currently recruiting for a skilled Geologist for employment. Reporting to the Chief Mine Engineer, the geologist will ensure adherence to safety, health, and environmental regulations, as well as the Company policies and procedures. The Geologist will be responsible for all the geological facets of the mine site including calculation of the ore reserves, grade control and the evaluation of geological data as it pertains to mining.
- Manage the ore control process including; Assay database validation and quality control.
- Perform modelling of blasthole data in MineSight.
- Design ore layouts using block model and mining direction to minimize dilution and maximize ore value recovery.
- Perform quality control on mining by checking material destinations and mining locations daily.
- Schedule sampling and analysis to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Continually seek ways to improve practices.
- Perform NAG/PAG waste designations. This includes choosing ABA samples for testing, modeling PAG waste, and ensuring that this material is mined appropriately as PAG waste.
- Maintain the daily ore control spreadsheet with daily grade predictions and past production numbers. Send out daily grade prediction email. Compare to mill results and apply results to ore control practices, always seeking to improve practices.
- Generate a weekly ore control report and contribute to the month-end production report.
- Maintain a bench-by-bench geological model of the Springer pit by performing weekly wall mapping of rock type, faults, and major structure sets.
- Maintain a geotechnical database in Dips for all structural data. Perform tonnes and grade analysis of new blasts for production database.
- Coordinate exploration work involving pit equipment.
- Schedule and complete other work as assigned.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology
- Fluent in English Valid driver’s license
- Holding or working towards a P.Geo designation
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Having previous related mining experience
A competitive benefits package is included for eligible employees per the company policy.
Mount Polley is an open pit copper/gold mine owned by Imperial Metals Corporation, located in central British Columbia, 100km northeast of Williams Lake. MPMC is committed to ensuring a positive, well balanced work environment for its employees. MPMC is about promoting diversity to ensure employees feel valued and respected and where they can build meaningful careers. With opportunities for employee training, wellness programs, and professional development Mount Polley offers a safe and supportive workplace. MPMC is not a fly-in/fly-out camp and employees are expected to secure their own accommodation within the local area.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to local