Mount Polley Mining Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Mine Safety Coordinator for immediate employment.
Health and Safety Coordinator
- CRSP or Equivalent Experience & Demonstrated Technical Performance
- 4 years’ experience in a unionized industrial setting.
- Working Knowledge of the Health, Safety and Reclamation Code for Mines in BC and regulatory framework
- Conflict Management/Resolution Theory & Practice
- Incident Investigation
- Business Writing
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Protocol
- Level 3 First-aid Training
- Mine Rescue Certificate and ability to instruct course material.
- Experienced in delivering training programs.
- Accomplished written, verbal and group presentation skills.
- Competently use MS office software and functional keyboard skills
- Other Adhoc Duties
A competitive benefits package is included for eligible employees per the company policy.
- 12 Hour Shift Work
Mount Polley is an open pit copper/gold mine owned by Imperial Metals Corporation, located in central British Columbia, 100km northeast of Williams Lake. MPMC is committed to ensuring a positive, well balanced work environment for its employees. MPMC is about promoting diversity to ensure employees feel valued and respected and where they can build meaningful careers. With opportunities for employee training, wellness programs, and professional development Mount Polley offers a safe and supportive workplace. MPMC is not a fly-in/fly-out camp and employees are expected to secure their own accommodation within the local area.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to local