Mount Polley Mining Corporation (MPMC) is currently recruiting for motivated, skilled, and licensed Millwrights for immediate employment. The work schedule will be seven (7) twelve (12) hour shifts of work, Wednesday through Tuesday, followed by seven (7) days of rest.
The Millwright is an integral member of the Maintenance department and is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting, dismantling machinery, conveyor systems, pulleys, and gearboxes. Duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Complete required preventative maintenance at defined intervals on all mechanical equipment.
- Work with other trades in a flexible team environment to achieve great efficiency and productivity.
- Support operations to locate and diagnose defects in process environment.
- Balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Other adhoc duties assigned.
- BC or Inter-Provincial Red Seal Endorsement Millwright Certification.
- Focus and support of all Health, Safety, and Environmental procedures.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to meet schedules and commitments with quality results.
- Must be physically fit: position involves extensive walking, working from heights, working in confined spaces, climbing, awkward positions and carrying of materials.
- Fluent in English.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Previous related industrial experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Orientation towards continuous improvement and a strong sense of responsibility.
A competitive benefits package is included for eligible employees per the company policy.
- Shift Work
Mount Polley is an open pit copper/gold mine owned by Imperial Metals Corporation, located in central British Columbia, 100km northeast of Williams Lake. MPMC is committed to ensuring a positive, well balanced work environment for its employees. MPMC is about promoting diversity to ensure employees feel valued and respected and where they can build meaningful careers. With opportunities for employee training, wellness programs, and professional development Mount Polley offers a safe and supportive workplace. MPMC is not a fly-in/fly-out camp and employees are expected to secure their own accommodation within the local area.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to local