Mount Polley Mining Corporation (MPMC) is currently recruiting for motivated and experienced leader to join our team as an Energy Manager. This is a full-time, permanent role located in Likely, BC and is a partnership with BC Hydro, with a performance contract that would report into the Management group.
The successful candidate is a skilled and motivated individual to serve as Mount Polley’s Industrial Energy Manager. This individual will work collaboratively with Mount Polley’s Engineering, Maintenance, and Environment teams on the energy management program to improve energy efficiency of company/site operations and fulfill the objectives outlined in Mount Polley’s Plan [Environmental/Annual, etc]. The successful candidate will assist in the development of strategic energy management initiatives and support the Mount Polley energy management team in delivery of projects. The ideal candidate needs to be technically proficient and work well with all levels within the organization. This individual is expected to be as comfortable at an Electrical panel as they are facilitating interdepartmental brainstorming and presentations to executives. This broad scope of practice will advance Mount Polley’s energy management and environmental goals through the following activities: Creation of a strategic plan that draws on knowledge from all departments:
- Develops an energy policy that integrates into existing policy structures.
- Outlines strategic direction for multi-year periods.
- Works with management to craft plans and gain approval.
- Identifies key individuals within other departments to support Mount Polley’s strategic energy management plan.
- Develops metrics and deliverables.
- Develops a reporting structure that includes roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Leads regular team meetings and creates processes to capture ideas and feedback.
- Completes system audits to identify quick wins and optimization of existing systems.
- Facilitates studies and activities to generate project opportunities.
- Prioritizes and tracks project opportunities.
- Develops business cases for specific projects/budgets for 2024 and beyond.
- Identifies and manages resources required to see projects to completion.
- Oversees and advises on project implementation across business groups.
- Becomes the point of contact for contractors providing energy management or project support.
- Understands all areas of energy use, including electricity, diesel, propane, water, and renewable energy sources.
- Understands potential opportunities through familiarization of efforts at other industrial sites and coordination with other energy management professionals.
- Creates an inventory of potential areas of exploration for future opportunities.
- Understands technologies related to site energy efficiency, carbon reduction, electrification and capacity management.
- Provides electrical technical support to the Reliability Lead through equipment inspection, monitoring, and preventative maintenance planning.
- Work with all trades in a flexible team environment to achieve great efficiency and productivity.
- Support operations to locate and diagnose defects in process environment.
- Balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Creates a multi-year baseline of energy uses for Mount Polley
- Monitors energy use year-over year and reports on seasonal variations and annual trends.
- Develops metrics for tracking progress against Mount Polley’s targets and goals.
- Builds and maintains an energy model that tracks energy usage.
- Develops holistic reporting that encompasses policies, communication strategies, engagement plans, energy models, project lists, budgeting, business insights and how these integrate into Mount Polley’s overall strategy.
- Presents to senior management regularly on progress.
- Completes stakeholder engagement activities across the organization.
- Develops energy-related communications plans for employees and contractors.
- Oversees Energy Management communication activities across the organization.
- Creates Outreach opportunities to engage with staff.
- Promotes and shares goals and successes of the strategic energy management program across the organization and through a variety of media.
- Registered Professional Engineer, Engineering Technologist, or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is an asset. Individuals with relevant experience and technical knowledge will be considered.
- For 2nd year Energy Manager, Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation through the Association of Energy Engineers is a requirement.
- Energy efficiency training such as the CIET Energy Management Training course
- LEED Professional Accreditation.
- Required Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in industrial process and in the operation, maintenance and management of electrical and lighting systems or mechanical systems.
- Familiarity and knowledge of energy efficient technologies
- Familiarity with mining facilities and industrial processes
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm related to energy efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in writing detailed reports.
- Capable of performing financial analyses in accordance with site requirements
- Experience with using common computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills
- Project management experience of small capital projects
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
A competitive benefits package is included for eligible employees per the company policy.
- Shift work
Mount Polley is an open pit copper/gold mine owned by Imperial Metals Corporation, located in central British Columbia, 100km northeast of Williams Lake. MPMC is committed to ensuring a positive, well balanced work environment for its employees. MPMC is about promoting diversity to ensure employees feel valued and respected and where they can build meaningful careers. With opportunities for employee training, wellness programs, and professional development Mount Polley offers a safe and supportive workplace. MPMC is not a fly-in/fly-out camp and employees are expected to secure their own accommodation within the local area.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to local