Reporting to the Chief Mine Engineer, the Senior Mine Engineer ensure adherence to safety, health, and environmental regulations, as well as the Company policies and procedures. The Senior Mine Engineer will be responsible for the development of short and mid range planning ensuring budget targets are met. The Senior Engineer will assist the Chief Engineer in developing budget sequencing for the project.
- Fostering a proactive safety and sustainability culture based on common values of health, safety, environment, and communities.
- Execute mine engineering functions including mine design, mine rock management, development of process design criteria, equipment sizing and selection, and mine surface infrastructure requirements.
- Prepare detailed ore reserve estimates in addition to mine costs, production budgets, and forecasts.
- Ensure maximum productivity and extraction rates by optimizing mining methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Incorporate mine geotechnical parameters into the mine design, while also providing direction on geotechnical modelling requirements.
- Other ad hoc duties as directed by your supervisor or the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mine Engineering
- Fluent in English
- Valid driver’s license
- Holding or working towards a P.Eng designation
- Having 5+ years in an open pit mine
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be able climb, squat, kneel, lift and bend on repetitive basis without strain.
A competitive benefits package is included for eligible employees per the company policy.
- Shift work
Mount Polley is an open pit copper/gold mine owned by Imperial Metals Corporation, located in central British Columbia, 100km northeast of Williams Lake. MPMC is committed to ensuring a positive, well balanced work environment for its employees. MPMC is about promoting diversity to ensure employees feel valued and respected and where they can build meaningful careers. With opportunities for employee training, wellness programs, and professional development Mount Polley offers a safe and supportive workplace. MPMC is not a fly-in/fly-out camp and employees are expected to secure their own accommodation within the local area.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to local