Mount Polley Mining Corporation currently has a position available for a permanent, full-time Assayer or Assayer Trainee
- Operating AA instruments
- Preparing and carrying out analysis on geological samples using fire and wet assaying methods.
- Evaluating analytical data and creating reports.
- Preparing and testing solutions and calibration standards.
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by supervisor.
- Recognized diploma or degree in science with a concentration in chemistry, or completion of the BC Assayer’s certification program.
- Two to four years of experience in mining operations (equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered).
- Effective time management, planning, good English communication skills (oral and written) with ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions with attention to detail and minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
A competitive benefits package is included for eligible employees per the company policy.
- 12 Hour Shift
Mount Polley is an open pit copper/gold mine owned by Imperial Metals Corporation, located in central British Columbia, 100km northeast of Williams Lake. MPMC is committed to ensuring a positive, well balanced work environment for its employees. MPMC is about promoting diversity to ensure employees feel valued and respected and where they can build meaningful careers. With opportunities for employee training, wellness programs, and professional development Mount Polley offers a safe and supportive workplace. MPMC is not a fly-in/fly-out camp and employees are expected to secure their own accommodation within the local area.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to local