The Mobile Maintenance General Foreman will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance including, but not limited to the following: supervising and managing the work schedule and activities of four mobile maintenance crews that are directed by two supervisors, managing the long-term planning, short term planning, contractor management, and preventive maintenance processes within the Mobile Maintenance Department.
- Direct and manage all activities including budgeting, targets, planning, staffing and cost control related to mobile maintenance.
- Provide leadership, expertise and direction for all mobile maintenance activities.
- Manage the maintenance resources according to plans as provided by the planning group and for any unplanned work requirements.
- Aid in Developing and managing the annual departmental budget to support and achieve mine cost goals.
- Ensure that the required manpower and equipment are in place to achieve planned activities, while meeting budgeted costs.
- Investigate and identify options and recommend short- and long-term projects and approaches to enhance efficiency and cost effectiveness of maintenance operations.
- The ideal candidate will possess an interprovincial trade qualification with an advanced knowledge of mining-related equipment, hydraulics, maintenance procedures and practices.
- They will have proven competencies in time management as well as planning and organisational skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and computer programs will be highly regarded.
- Candidates must demonstrate leadership and problem-solving skills; effective verbal and written communications skills are required for this position.
- The ability to work independently and maintain positive relationships with all levels of Company employees is essential.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
A competitive benefits package is included for eligible employees per the company policy.
- 12 Hour Shift Work
Mount Polley is an open pit copper/gold mine owned by Imperial Metals Corporation, located in central British Columbia, 100km northeast of Williams Lake. MPMC is committed to ensuring a positive, well balanced work environment for its employees. MPMC is about promoting diversity to ensure employees feel valued and respected and where they can build meaningful careers. With opportunities for employee training, wellness programs, and professional development Mount Polley offers a safe and supportive workplace. MPMC is not a fly-in/fly-out camp and employees are expected to secure their own accommodation within the local area.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to local